Turmeric, a brilliant yellow spice, is known for its therapeutic benefits and is the most effective nutritional supplement on the market. This earthy scented spice is mostly used in Asian cuisine for flavour and colour. It is known to provide significant health advantages for both the body and the brain. Curcuminoids are the principal active component in turmeric. It is responsible for most health benefits of turmeric and its colour.
Here are some facts about turmeric and its benefits of drinking turmeric:
What Are Turmeric And Curcumin?
Turmeric and curcumin are perennial ginger family members. Turmeric is made from the root of the Curcuma longa plant and has long been a staple spice in Indian cooking. Turmeric, owing to its exceptional healing capabilities, is also used in traditional Ayurvedic therapy and is famous among natural health practitioners.
Curcumin, the most researched natural compound in turmeric, gives a yellowish tint to turmeric. It is the main active component that causes all the biological or pharmacological actions in humans. And although some of the many volatile oils in turmeric, including natural aromatic oils, which include different types of terpenes, appear to offer advantages, the primary advantages of turmeric in humans are from curcuminoid.
Benefits of Turmeric: A Blessing In Disguise
Turmeric is known to alleviate a variety of ailments, including hay fever, high cholesterol, depression, premenstrual syndrome, gingivitis, and hangovers. However, fresh turmeric benefits the body most since it is considered to have antibacterial, antiparasitic, and antiviral properties in Ayurvedic medicine.
Following are some of the most common benefits of drinking turmeric:
- Helps prevent type 2 diabetes:Studies have shown that curcumin may be a beneficial aid for preventing or treating type 2 diabetes or related condition. Turmeric helps the body fight inflammation and keeps blood sugar levels stable. Previous evaluations predict that consuming a curcumin supplement can reduce the chances of getting diabetes.
- Inflammation is reduced: Turmeric is often used to combat inflammation and is therapeutic for chronic illnesses. Since curcumin is responsible for the majority of turmeric’s anti-inflammatory properties, it proves to be more effective than conventional anti-inflammatory drugs, like Advil (ibuprofen) and aspirin, provided it is used in the right amount.
Anything that might help reduce chronic inflammation also has the potential to help prevent and treat diseases like cancer, metabolic syndrome, heart disease, Alzheimer’s and other degenerative diseases. You can take turmeric shots or turmeric-based immunity boosting drinks to get instant health benefits of turmeric, the world-renowned spice.
- Reduction of pain: Turmeric or curcumin has long been used to treat arthritis in Chinese traditional medicine and Ayurveda. Curcumin is a safe and effective long-term therapeutic option for people suffering from osteoarthritis. In addition, its significant anti-inflammatory characteristics have positive symptoms in relieving the body of extreme pain and internal injuries.
Fresh turmeric benefits the body and supports alleviating pain. Regular consumption of this immunity-boosting drink can aid patients in ditching pain medications, such as aspirin and ibuprofen, for osteoarthritis.
- Better Mental Health: One of the main benefits is that Curcumin can assist our brain in different ways. Patients suffering from neurological illnesses, such as dementia, Huntington’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and multiple sclerosis, may benefit from turmeric’s antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects. Along with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, curcumin has been demonstrated to pass the blood-brain barrier, a positive sign for Alzheimer’s patients.
- Curcumin helps reduce the risk of heart disease: Curcumin has the potential to reverse several processes in the heart disease phase. Heart disease is the leading cause of death worldwide.
However, curcumin can aid in improving the function of the endothelium, which lines the blood vessels. Thus, reducing the risk of heart diseases. Turmeric minimises the risk of endothelial dysfunction, a key cause of cardiovascular disease.
- Curcumin has antidepressant properties: Curcumin is equally efficient as an antidepressant and has been effective in treating depression.It produces results similar to Prozac by increasing BDNF levels. Curcumin can help increase BDNF levels, which may help to reverse some of these alterations by working as an antidepressant.
- Turmeric can potentially cure cancer symptoms:Cancer is a disorder in which cells grow out of control. Curcumin has been explored as a cancer treatment herb and has established its role in potentially inhibiting cancer growth and development. In addition, some studies have proven that regular and right consumption of turmeric can eliminate malignant cancer cells.
You can consume turmeric in milk or add it as a spice to your food. However, to get the direct benefits, opt for Yellow roots offered by Sipwise beverages, which gives you all the turmeric drink benefits on the go. Moreover, this immunity boosting drink contains 95% curcuminoid, which can benefit you in case of the above-stated issues.
Moreover, Yellow Roots Turmeric Juices contain highly bioavailable turmeric. Traditionally turmeric is not highly bioavailable, which means that the turmeric you consume is mostly excreted. However, with Yellow Roots Turmeric Juices, you will get highly bioavailable curcumin allowing you to absorb and get the maximum benefits of curcumin.
Turmeric, especially its highly active ingredient, curcumin, contains anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It has a vast list of scientifically known health benefits, which include the ability to improve heart health and safeguard against cancer and Alzheimer’s disease.
However, according to evidence, the modest amounts of curcuminoids in turmeric powder are poorly accessible. Therefore, culinary amounts of turmeric powder added to foods for sensory purposes are unlikely to give considerable health benefits for the disorders discussed. To ensure maximum health benefits of turmeric, consume Yellow roots – Immunity boosting turmeric shots from Sipwise. Turmeric shots from Sipwise beverages are easy to drink and contain all the essential health benefits of turmeric.